Specifications : Plastic case Precise Quartz movement Scratch resistant mineral crystal Water resistance Two years limited manufacturer warranty Original Puma Box
Krysterna is proprietary to Stührling Original and refers to the crystals that are used in its timepieces. Krysterna stems from the eyewear industry and has more strength over a spread surface area than sapphire. Krysterna crystals are more scratch resistant than mineral crystals and more shatter resistant than sapphire crystals.
The Aphrodite Family is part of the Amour Collection, a group of timepieces inspired by heartfelt affection. Each member of this family features stylized heart designs enhanced by the beautiful shine of Swarovski crystals and genuine diamonds.
Summary of Features
• Movement: Manual/Self-Winding Automatic Movement
Automatic watches do not operate on batteries. Automatic watches are made up of about 130 or more parts that work together to tell time. Automatic movements mark the passage of time by a series of gear mechanisms, and are wound by the movement of your wrist as you wear it. The gear train then transmits the power to the escapement, which distributes the impulses, turning the balance wheel. The balance wheel is the time regulating organ of a mechanical watch, which vibrates on a spiral hairspring. Lengthening or shortening the balance spring makes the balance wheel go faster or slower to advance or retard the watch. The travel of the balance wheel from one extreme to the other and back again is called oscillation. Lastly, automatic movements come in different types, including movements that are Swiss-made, Japanese-made, and more.
Also referred to as self-winding, watches with automatic movements utilize kinetic energy, the swinging of your arm, to provide energy to an oscillating rotor to keep the watch ticking. They’re considered more satisfying to watch collectors (horologists) because of the engineering artistry that goes into the hundreds of parts that make up the movement. If you do not wear an automatic watch consistently (for about 8 to 12 hours a day), you can keep the watch powered with a watch winder (a great gift for collectors).
• Complications: Classic Three Hand Movement
• Dial: Skeletonized Dial in a Heart-Shaped Cut-Out with 36 Swarovski(TM) Crystals Set in Heart-Border; Etched Hearts on the Perimeter of the Dial
• Hands: Alpha-Style Hands
Diagrams of Features
- Polished stainless steel round case with onion style crown
- Protective Krysterna crystal on front and back
- Silver skeleton dial with heart shaped cut out bordered with Swarovski Crystals
- Black satin twill covered genuine leather strap with white interchangeable strap
- Water resistant to 165 feet (50 M): suitable for swimming and showering